If you’re planning a beach day for your family this summer, this packing list is for you.
Our first time taking the kids to a beach wasn’t in Florida, Virginia, or the Carolinas.
It was right here in Ohio!
Visiting Cedar Point Beach made us feel like we were on vacation. I had no idea the Midwest had sandy beaches!
I also didn’t know what to expect or what to pack.
In fact, I overpacked.
This time around, I’ve created this Family Beach Day Checklist so we don’t forget something we need or bring anything we don’t.
Note: for your convenience, this post contains affiliate links which means I may get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
What should you bring to a family beach day?
Coolers come in all shapes and sizes. Depending on your needs, I’ve included a few recommendations below:
My boys loved that they could build sand castles and play in the water without worrying about sharks or jellyfish. 🙌🏾
- Football, volleyball, beachballs
- Beach kites
All the things you’d normally need for swimming:
Check the weather before you go! A sunny day means you’ll probably need all of these, but if it’s only cloudy then you can bring less.
- Tent or beach umbrella
What should you not forget to bring to the beach?
Here are a few extra beach essentials you don’t want to leave behind:
- Sheets or beach blanket: this gives you something to lay on in case the sand is hot.
- First aid kit: when you’ve got active little ones, bumps and bruises are bound to happen.
- Beach/camping chairs: for you & your partner to sit in.
- Baby powder: it helps sand wipe off feet and other limbs quick and easy, try it!
- Something to keep you entertainment: books, waterproof bluetooth speaker, playing cards, etc.
More Family Beach Day Must-Haves
- Toiletry Bags – these are perfect for putting travel size hand sanitizer, hand creams, eye drops, pain killers, etc. neat and organized. They are clear so you can find what you need instantly!
- Beach Towel Clips – they are made to keep your towel from falling off when you’re done swimming. These are perfect for both kids and adults.
- Insulated Water Bottles – made from stainless steel, these bottles will keep your drink cool for hours!
- Collapsible Wagon – I have learned the hard way just how difficult it actually is to haul everything you’ve packed from the parking lot to the sandy beach. A wagon makes this job a breeze.
- Beach Umbrella Tray – this is perfect for when you want something to place your drinks and cell phone on. It has multiple compartments and attaches easily to your umbrella pole.