As soon as the weather starts to break, I can’t WAIT to start cleaning.
I think being cozy in the house all winter long kind of makes us all relax a little on the chores.
I mean, who really wants to clean when you can cuddle under enormous warm blankets, drink hot chocolate and binge-watch Netflix series?
So if you’ve been neglecting your house, too, this past winter, you’re in the right place. I’ve put together this spring cleaning checklist so you’ll know what you need to deep clean.
(Because these chores are different from your regular weekly cleaning routine.)
- Spring Cleaning Must-Haves: 14 Products You Didn’t Know You Needed
- 6 Quick & Easy Ways To Refresh Your Linen Closet This Spring
Spring Deep Cleaning Checklist:
Here are 10 disgusting things you probably need to deep clean. Read to the end to clean with me!
Note: for your convenience, this post may contain affiliate links which means I may get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
1) Your Baseboards – using a dryer sheet is a quick & easy hack to collect all the dust bunnies. Then, you can use a simple multipurpose cleaner and microfiber cloth to get it squeaky clean.
2) Inside Your Stove – check to see if your oven has a self-clean option and use it. Got stuck on stains?
You’ll need to mix some baking soda with a little water and create a paste. Apply that to your stove glass or inside your stove and let it sit for 1-2 hrs. Then use a brush or abrasive sponge to lift the stains. Wipe it clean with a microfiber cloth and your stove should look good as new!
3) Inside Your Fridge – It’s always easier to do this BEFORE your next trip to the grocery store.
I prefer to add some mild soap to a bucket of warm water and use a microfiber cloth to wipe everything down. This way, I’m not running back-and-forth to the sink (unless I’m removing shelves and bins to clean those out).
4) Your Phone – I dare you to snatch off your phone case and see how dirty it is 🤢. Our cell phones get pretty filthy. Disinfect your screen often with alcohol wipes and switch phone cases frequently too. This will help you stay on top of the dirt.
5) Your Walls – Mr. Clean Magic Erasers are my favorite for removing dirt, sticky fingerprints, and crayon art. They’re really good for countertop stains too!
6) Your Vacuum Cleaner – and I mean cleaning the filter and dust can with mild soap and water. Just make sure you allow 24 hours for all parts to air dry before you need to use your vacuum.
7) Your Carpet – carpet needs to be cleaned at least twice a year. You can hire a professional to come out and do your whole house for you, or you can totally do it yourself! Rent or buy a carpet cleaner, use a mild solution, and plan ahead to give your carpet plenty of time to air dry.
8) Your Windows – dust your blinds and use a glass cleaner to wipe your windows. If you know how to clean the outside of your window from the inside of your home, I suggest doing that too. If not, you could always hire a window washer to take care of that!
9) Your Mattress – mattress maintenance is sooo important. When your mattress is clean and well-kept, you’ll get a better sleep and will reduce body aches & pains. You should clean your mattress every six months, but spot clean stains right away. For a deep clean, sprinkle baking soda all over your mattress and let it sit for 1-2 hrs. Then, sweep it up with your vacuum!
10) Your Floors – after dealing with winter snow and ice, your hard-surface floors could benefit from a good mop. Skip the Swiffer and use a traditional mop-and-bucket, or you’ll get a better clean with a steam mop!
2021 Spring Clean With Me! Now On Youtube:
I know this list looks exhausting, but the truth is:
Your house didn’t accumulate all of this dirt in a day and it doesn’t have to all get clean in a day either.
It’s called “spring cleaning” for a reason — you’ve got until summer to get it all done!
You should absolutely split up your to-do list with your partner or kids if you can, or just take it one task at a time…and then, pour yourself a glass of wine for getting it done 😌
Keep me posted on your progress over on Instagram. Tag me @tidyupwithdani and show me what you’re cleaning.